Search Engine Settings
Most Important Search Engine Key Phrase
- This is the single most important search phrase that you expect your customers to use to find you.
- Choose this with care. Do not pick a search phrase that returns millions of other webpages but do not choose a search phrase that is so specific no one is ever likely to type it into a search engine.
- This search phrase will be used repeatedly all over your site and will be used whenever you site is automatically setup on directories and listings
- Choose a phrase that is short and rich with the exact phrase that you want to get found for.
- DON’T use fill words like 'a' or 'the'
- DON'T use commas
- DON'T use quotes/punctuation marks.
- DON’T repeat words
- DON’T use the same phrase as the ‘less import at key phrase’ below
- This phrase will be ‘woven’ throughout your website in ways that are appropriate and sensible to ensure the search engines appreciate that this is your most important search phrase. (For example your title tags for your main pages – see the Search Engine Optimisation section of the user-guide )
- Please note that you will still have to make sure that the content of your website is appropriate and equally relevant to the search engines.
Less important Key Phrases
- Enter variations on the ‘most important key phrase’ described above.
- Limitations same as ‘most important key phrase’ as above.
- NOTE: These should be derivations of the phrase above and in the same theme. E.g. If the first phrase is “Surrey Tennis raquets” then a less important key phrase might be “tennis equipment”. It would not be sensible to add “Fresh bananans” as a key phrase – even if you also sell this product as it would confuse the search engines.
- These phrases will be ‘woven’ throughout your website in ways that are appropriate and sensible to ensure the search engines appreciate that this is an important search phrase supporting the ‘most important phrase above’. (For example your title tags for your main pages – see the Search Engine Optimisation section of the user-guide).
- This is an important summary about your business and your website. This is a 4 or 5 sentence description of your website. Make sure you include the Search engine key phrase above at least once and fill it full of other very important key words that your customers might use.
- Keep it grammatically sensible and avoid using all capitals or quotes
- Reason8 has many relationships with external websites and directories and will use these directories and services to advertise your website. This paragraph will be used to explain what you do and put your website into context.
- It will act as a VERY important Search engine optimisation mechanism and it is very important that it sells your business well and contains the key phrases that you hope to be found for.