Verifying Your Site With Bing And Yahoo
How to verify your website with Bing and Yahoo.
Why verify your website with Bing and Yahoo
By verifying your website with Bing you are also verifying your site with yahoo at the same time. They then provide you with a range of tools that help you to see your website as they do.
Once you have initially verified with Bing and Yahoo you can easily resubmit the amendments with a click of a button, through the website control panel. When your site needs to be resubmitted you will see the Google Icon to the left of the control panel enlarge with the message Click to Update.
What Will I Need To Verify My Website With Bing and Yahoo
- A Microsoft account. If you don’t already have an account and require help in setting one up Click Here.
Submitting Your Website To Bing and Yahoo
1. Go to the web address www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster
2. Click ‘Sign In’.
3. Log in to your Microsoft account.
4. Under the heading “My Sites” type in your websites address.
5. Click ‘ADD’.
6. In the box ‘Add a sitemap’ enter you websites address (as it is in the URL box) with the following on the end with no spaces - /sitemap.cfm
7. Click ‘ADD’.
8. You will be directed back to your Bing Webmaster control panel.
9. Click the text ‘Verify Now’ to the right of the thumbnail of your website.
10. Three options will be presented.
11. Greyed out in option two is some computer code which should look like –
12. Highlight and copy the string of alphanumerical characters. Do not include any of the “ marks –
13. Log in to your Reason8 websites control panel.
14. Click the button “Get to know Google” on the left.
15. Click Bing.
16. Paste the code supplied by Bing earlier into step three.
17. Click submit.
18. Return to the Bing verify page where you obtained the code.
19. Click verify button at the bottom of the instructions.
20. The screen should show that the website has now been verified.
21. If the verification has failed, check the code in step 12 and repeat steps 12 – 21 if incorrect.
The website may not immediately show as being verified. The process of Bing finding the file and confirming the content can take some time. If this is the case log back into Bing later to check that the verification has been successful.